Booking Terms and Conditions
In the event of a cancellation at any time the deposit is forfeited. If cancellation occurs within 8 weeks of the start of the holiday we will endeavour to re-let the cottage but if unsuccessful you will forfeit the balance of the holiday cost.
For Bookings placed post 29th July 2021 these new Terms and Conditions apply to cancellations.
a/ If your booking has to be cancelled because Barritshayes Farm Cottages is put under Government Restrictions and has to close and the period of closure covers Your booking You will be refunded in full.
b/ In the event that Your given address is put into Local/Regional Lockdown, rendering You unable to travel, and the period of restriction covers your booking You will be refunded in full.
c/ If your booking has to be cancelled because Barritshayes Farm Cottages has to close through Force Majeure, meaning any of the following circumstances which may hinder or prevent the performance by us of the Contract, including but not limited to: (a) acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster; (b) epidemic or pandemic; (c) terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations; (d) nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom; (e) any law or any action taken by a government or public authority, including without limitation imposing a restriction, prohibition, or failing to grant a necessary licence or consent; (f) collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident; (g) non-performance by our suppliers or contractors; and (i) failure of utility service, and the period of closure covers Your booking You will be refunded in full.
d/ Customer inability (or the inability of any, some or all of Your intended party) or disinclination to travel to and stay at Barritshayes Farm Cottages for any reason.
This includes – but is not limited to – illness (including Covid), a requirement or recommendation to self-isolate or quarantine, shielding, a call to jury duty, military service, incarceration, change in personal or work circumstances, family emergencies, travel delays, vehicle breakdown, and delays with public transport. These remain at Your risk and do not give rise to a right to cancel or to receive a refund unless Barritshayes Farm Cottages re-lets the property subject the booking terms. You are strongly recommended to take out UK travel insurance to cover these eventualities. If you choose not to take out UK travel insurance, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
e/ Cancellations must be notified to Barritshayes Farm Cottages by phone and email and once received in writing we will confirm the cancellation request.
Arrival and Departure
Repairs and Maintenance
Care of the Property
Rules of the Pool
Guests are welcome to use our Swimming Pool but for reasons of safety the following rules must be observed. We reserve the right to exclude anyone from its use if these rules are abused, at our absolute discretion.
The pool is open and heated from the beginning of May to the end of September.
1. The swimming pool area is to be kept gated and locked. A code for the entry lock will be given to adults in the party on arrival. This must not be made available to children.
2. There should be a minimum of 2 people in the pool at one time which should include one adult swimmer. All children and weak or non-swimmers must be supervised at all times by at least one adult swimmer in the party.
3. No alcohol will be allowed near the pool and no glass, drinking glasses or china teacups, mugs etc. Plastic drinking glasses are provided for soft drinks.
4. We reserve the right to exclude those guests who in our absolute discretion use the pool in a reckless or dangerous manner.
5. No running or diving. The shallow end is approximately 4 feet, the deep end approximately 6.5 feet.
6. Guests must use their own towels. The towels provided are for use in the cottages only.
7. No pets allowed in the pool area.
We will undertake to ensure the pool is well looked after, daily checks made to monitor, and if necessary, adjust chemical levels and general hygiene and cleanliness.
Kathryn was a great host. The place was absolutely beautiful and perfect for a family holiday. I will definitely be back. The whole family loved it!
• Thanks for a wonderful stay at Swallows! Truly relaxing – 4 days felt like a week! Thanks for arranging the perfect weather too! Our pup loved the enclosed garden, and the cabin has been so thoughtfully set up. Loved it all!
We have had a wonderful week, weather has been amazing, and we have enjoyed trips to Lyme Regis, Seaton, Beer, Branscombe and Sidmouth. The Granary is perfect, we’ve spent many an hour chilling in the garden, playing pool and the swimming pool is a highlight.
Gill and Dean